Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary

January 16, 2008. June 24, 2009. June 24, 2010. Each hallmark days in my book.

I entered the Missionary Training Center that January and met my MTC companion, Sister Sharidan Bird. She was excited to have a foreign or ethnic companion, excited to learn how to say my last name, excited to show me the ropes and teach me things. I was excited to have a sister who didn't seem to be a weirdy by any means. We both learned. We both taught.

We both returned home honorably last June. Our families met us at the airport. It was kind of a surreal feeling to be honest. We talked each day for the first week I think. It was killer that she lived in Sanpete county and I came home to Provo, Utah, knowing very few people.

Just two days ago on our one year mark home, we celebrated. We talked as always for a few hours, ate dinner at Roy's and watched the Manti Pageant. Coincidentally, we ran into two former missionaries from the California Santa Rosa Mission.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Heavenly Father has impeccable timing. He knows each of His children well. My life has been perfectedly orchestrated. I am a better person having interacted with such incredible people, having rubbed shoulders with some of His great and noble children.

When I count my blessings, I count each of you twice. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment