Wendy: "You are both ungallant and defficient."
Peter Pan: "How am I defficient?"
Wendy: "You are just a boy."
I laugh out loud whenever I rehearse the above scene in my head,
retell it to another,
watch it on screen,
read it,
or when I realize that the person I am talking to
"Is just a boy."
What is a boy? Who are they to me?
Sara married a boy while I was on my mission.
We packed up all of his toys on Friday.
But I'm glad he is a boy.
Like she said, it kept him busy while life took her around and back again
and finally to him.
Bekah married a boy just a few months ago.
He's taken on our family and become a brother.
Danielle just married a boy on Saturday.
I don't know him.
He likes video games and rollerskating.
They anticipate playing many games together and a lifetime of roller hockey.
But he loves her and she loves him.
We all saw it.
And lets not forget the countless boys I served with for 18 months
who led, taught, testified, and blessed,
each with sufficient faith and courage.
Or the array of faithful home teachers over the years
Or countless friends who make me laugh an remind me that life is for living and laughing
Or who tease and tickle mercilessly just for a reaction
Or my dad who loves me even when I don't email frequently,
who supported me on my mission even when he was not active
Or the boy with a few loaves and fishes
Or the young David who slew Goliath
Or Samuel who listened and heeded the voice of the Lord
Or the boy Joseph Smith who prayed and
saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ
They may very well be ungallant.
They may very well be deficient.
But I love them.
Mostly because I know that to Heavenly Father,
they are far from deficient.
They are the breadwinners for his daughters,
they are the protectors,
and the teachers.
Thank-you BOYS.
Peter Pan: "How am I defficient?"
Wendy: "You are just a boy."
I laugh out loud whenever I rehearse the above scene in my head,
retell it to another,
watch it on screen,
read it,
or when I realize that the person I am talking to
"Is just a boy."
What is a boy? Who are they to me?
Sara married a boy while I was on my mission.
We packed up all of his toys on Friday.
But I'm glad he is a boy.
Like she said, it kept him busy while life took her around and back again
and finally to him.
Bekah married a boy just a few months ago.
He's taken on our family and become a brother.
Danielle just married a boy on Saturday.
I don't know him.
He likes video games and rollerskating.
They anticipate playing many games together and a lifetime of roller hockey.
But he loves her and she loves him.
We all saw it.
And lets not forget the countless boys I served with for 18 months
who led, taught, testified, and blessed,
each with sufficient faith and courage.
Or the array of faithful home teachers over the years
Or countless friends who make me laugh an remind me that life is for living and laughing
Or who tease and tickle mercilessly just for a reaction
Or my dad who loves me even when I don't email frequently,
who supported me on my mission even when he was not active
Or the boy with a few loaves and fishes
Or the young David who slew Goliath
Or Samuel who listened and heeded the voice of the Lord
Or the boy Joseph Smith who prayed and
saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ
They may very well be ungallant.
They may very well be deficient.
But I love them.
Mostly because I know that to Heavenly Father,
they are far from deficient.
They are the breadwinners for his daughters,
they are the protectors,
and the teachers.
Thank-you BOYS.
this realization has been a long time coming. profound. growth. love it.
ReplyDelete