Wednesday, September 1, 2010

For REAL

I have been accused of being too
ALTRUISTIC.

Webster's Dictionary says one is
ALTRUISTIC
if they have an
"Unselfish regard for
or
devotion to the welfare of others"


A flattering accusation to be sure

AND

I denied it.
I disagreed.

BUT

upon further investigation...


Webster's Dictionary ALSO says that
ALTRUISM
is
"behavior by an animal
that is not beneficial to
or may be harmful to itself
but that benefits others of its species"

I am not admitting my guilt
by any means,
not for
definition one,
not for definition two.

But sometimes I do wonder
if good things pass me by
because I
"choose"

"what is best for them"

and not so much

"what is best for me"


or even

"what is best for us."


It may boil down
to a latent passivity,
to a misconceived effort in patience,
to a fear?

But today is a new day
and maybe today
I'll tell myself
to

SPEAK UP
to
DREAM BIG
to
LOVE
and to
LIVE
without inhibition.















No comments:

Post a Comment