Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 28, 2010

8 A.M. came far too fast.
But the day
was well worth it.

1.) I heard a knock on my door
and I ran to open it.


Confession: I hoped I had missed
whoever it was because I was
still in my nightgown.

Uh huh. I own a nightgown.
I purchased it roughly five
years ago
in Southeast Asia
for only two dollars.
It has ruffles and Asian dogs.
I love it.
My temperature is just
about perfect
when I wear it.

Not
a single
soul
around.
No one.

20 minutes later
I headed out the door
and to my surprise
there was a Smith's grocery
bag on the door handle.
Oh yummy!
Homemade zucchini bread!
It had my name written all
over it.
Literally.
Well, not literally ALL over it,
but my name was literally on it.

THANK-YOU
ANONYMOUS
GIRL!

You are too kind.
I am pretty humbled
and grateful to know
that the words I prepare
and pray about
and teach are what they
need to be.

2.) Picture Day with Pre-School.
I chose not to get ready today.
I did not shower.
Lest you worry excessively,
I DID
Brush my teeth
Put on deodorant
Change my clothes
Smudge on eye liner
Okay, Lipstick too
But that was it.

Thus began my day
at work.

Did I mention that I work
in a
SPECIAL NEEDS CLASSROOM?
Individual pictures were classic.
One or more of my appendages could
show up in one or more of my
students school
pictures.

3.) We are working on using our
walking feet in the hallway at school.

One of my students today told me
she only understands with her heart
and not her brain.

I asked if her heart could tell her body
to use her walking feet.

She said her heart doesn't
have ears.

We stayed in one spot until
her heart heard
what I was asking.

4. ) Jamba juice does wheat grass
to go if you ever you are on the run.
Wheat grass tastes like grass.
But much sweeter.
Much stronger.
Maybe more bitter.

5.) I missed two calls today.
One, my best friend who is getting
her PHD at Harvard
and who just told me she is expecting
a boy in February!
Two, my dear, dear friend Emily who
is in England work on her master's degree.
She is an incredible French horn player!
I am blessed with the best
of friends!
Love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment